Tuesday 8 January 2019

2019 Home Decor Trends In The Real World

No comments:
 
Happy new year friends, I hope you all had a blissful holiday season! As we take down all the holiday decorations I think it's interesting to read what experts have dubbed as the home decor trends for the new year. Trends come and go, obviously what's more important is creating a home that feels right for you and your family, but as someone interested in interiors and doing a lot of work in my own first home I love looking at what is going on in the greater design world and what I can lift and adapt to fit my personal taste. Here are some 2019 home decor trends I am excited about this year, and the real homes that have been inspiring me!

Embellishment


A general pattern I see to most of the trends being touted in publications and by companies and industry professionals is a shift from more of the minimal aesthetic of late to a more bold and unique styles. While I love a classic simple design, I've always been a huge fan of the craftsmanship and character of historic homes. Small details like drawer pulls and moulding can add so much interest and personality without having to break the bank!


Playing With Colour


Soft tone on tones are super dreamy, but I've been seeing a lot more contrast in colour palettes for this year. Dark moody walls, colourful kitchen cabinets, bright sofas, mixed metal fixtures, I'm here for it. While I'm not quite ready to paint an entire room navy (though I've been tempted) we've been slowly incorporating more rich tones in our home with some bold coloured accent furniture pieces, and accessories like pillows and artwork. Playing with contrast in metals for hardware and lighting I think is a simple but high impact touch to add to a room. We've gone that route with our bathroom designs (see our master bathroom plans here) and are loving the look!


Back To Nature


Wood, stone, jute, the trend of incorporating the beauty of natural materials is still going strong this year, and I think it makes for a perfect compliment to some of the more bold trends of 2019. Natural elements help to bring life to a space and keep it looking fresh and organic. The visual contrast and texture gives me all the homey feels.


What do you think of these 2019 home decor trends? Are you making any changes in your home this year?
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment