Tuesday 19 November 2013

5 Faves: Beauty Tools

No comments:
 
After what has felt like the longest week and a half of my life, it's nice to be back. Today I bring you the second instalment of my 5 Faves series, this time focusing on some of the most used tools in my beauty routine.



1. Clarisonic

This is quite a hefty investment piece, but it may be something to put on your wish list this year. Nothing feels quite like the Clarisonic clean. This toothbrush for your face gives it the most deeply satisfying clean and leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth. I've been battling a bit of spottiness lately and the Clarisonic has helped me get my skin back in check.

2. Glass/Crystal File

Once you go glass, you'll never go back. To paint you a picture, I accidentally stepped on and broke my first one and was using the broken pieces while I found another to replace it. That is how much I love these. They give you the smoothest, fastest file and can be used over and over again. It also helps that the sound of filing my nails doesn't give me the shivers anymore. 

3. Clipless Curling Wand

To tell you the truth, I don't even know how to curl my hair without one of these beauties. I got my Enzo Milano over 3 years ago and I absolutely adore it, but there are tons of less expensive brands that make them these days. I can curl my whole head in 15 minutes max, it's magical.

4. Tangle Teezer

This was one of those favourites that snuck (is that a word?) up on me. I heard a ton about this little bean brush and decided to take it for a test drive myself. When I first used it I really didn't see what all the hype was, but as I continued to use it and tried to go back to brushes I was using before I was shocked to find how much more painful the whole process seemed. Do not be mistaken: it doesn't magically make your hair tangle free, but as someone with massively tangle-y hair it does help cut down the ouch factor.

5. Eyelash Curler

I used to think that eyelash curlers were a waste of time. Just an extra step that didn't really do much. However, recently I've been noticing that those extra few seconds really can help to make me look more awake. Maybe it's been the up before 5 AM, 10 hour days and I've needed all the help I can get, but I find especially when I'm wearing my glasses or going for the mascara-only thing (aka tired/lazy) it really does make a difference. Not all lash curlers are created equal, but it will basically be trial and error to find one that fits the shape of your particular eyeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment