Sunday 13 October 2013

Hi, Hello & A Fall Bucket List

No comments:
 


I know January 1st is technically the start of the new year, but I guess my school days still stick with me because I've always felt like Fall is a time for fresh starts. This Fall's resolution? To finally push myself to do what I have been thinking about starting for months now. Enter The View Is Beautiful, and to put it chees-ily is that a word? thanks for stopping by! I can see us getting along just fine.

Now, let's get on with it shall we?

Even thought I typically mourn the death of warm weather, as much as I complain about it, I know I would miss the seasons if I were ever to live somewhere closer to the equator. To celebrate the start of the season, and to hold myself accountable to getting out and doing fun things, and yes I understand that is a sad concept, I decided to come up with a list of things I would like to do in the next two months.

1. Go Apple Picking
 http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2160/2058047853_8d8ba2a736_o.jpg

What could be more "fall" then strolling through an orchard with a significant other? It doesn't hurt to be able to bring home some stuffing for my mother's next pie. I love me some apple anything.


2. See the Salmon
Okay so I may have cheated a little bit. I've done this already. But September was part of fall and it was really on my bucket list, whether I let the internet know or not. Every five years or so the lady Salmon make their to lay their eggs through the rivers and creeks of Ontario. Tyler and I tried to see them last year to no avail, but this year we were in luck. More on that in my update at the end of next month.

3. Make/Carve some remarkably cute pumpkins
http://marigoldmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/IMG_58282.jpg 
Pinterest made me do it.

4. Go horseback riding
Because I need more of these magestic creatures in my life.

5. Give my former roommate and bff a fantastic send-off

All my precious friends seem to be abandoning me these days. My bff has lived in Isreal for the past year but was home for the past two months - I will be sad to see her go. My old roommate Sam is also moving away to go up north. Way North. To the Yukon. Time to eat my feelings and send them off with a tummy full of baked goods.

6. Give my room a much needed makeover.
I will admit something: I am naturally a very unorganized, forgetful person. It's dad's fault. I am a huge pack rat that assigns sentimental value to every possession I have ever owned. Lately though I've been on a serious purging trip to rid my life of clutter and make my environment a beautifully organized haven. Time to get crafty and hit up iheartorganizing for motivation and inspiration whenever I get off track. 

7. Go to Halloween Haunt or do something frighteningly festive.
http://assets.sheratonparkway.com/lps/assets/u/Canadas-Wonderland-Halloween-Haunt-and-Attractions.jpg 
original image
I'm a scarcely cat, but Ty loves a good horror experience. I'll give you a visual of what I plan on putting myself through.
Wish me luck.

8. Go to the zoo to see the Panda's, before it gets too cold.
The Toronto Zoo is open 364 days a year, but trust me when I say you want to try and get out while the weather holds. Tyler and I went last Boxing Day since it was half price, thinking that most of the animals would be in their indoor homes. I was wrong. 

9. Come up with an awesome Halloween costume
Halloween is one of my favourite holidays. The crafty side of me doesn't let me get away with buying a costume when I could just as well make it myself. Besides that first year of uni where I had zero time or supplies. Still, for shame.

10. Keep this blog alive.
Going along with the organizational theme, I am trying to better schedule out my days. I'm hoping to come up with a regular posting schedule for the days to come. Expect to see some some changes while I get used to this whole blogging thing. Any feedback or requests are definitely welcomed.

Enjoy the view

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment