Thursday 10 December 2015

Under the Mistletoe | A Holiday Smokey Eye

No comments:
 
A few weekends ago I picked up an eyeshadow shade that's been on my wish list forever, and after seeing all of the Christmas inspired looks on the Makeup Mix-Up, I was inspired to try something a little out of my typical comfort zone - a dark colourful smokey eye, perfect for a holiday cocktail party or date night out.


EYES | I started with my crease bff UD Naked to give some warmth and give the star of the show MAC Sketch something to help blend it out. Since I have hooded eyes, I blended the colour up higher and combined it with UD Primal to bring the colour above my crease. I lined the upper lashline with Sephora Cup A Joe and the bottom lashline with the NYX Slide On Pencil in Golden Olive, topping it with Wet N Wild Envy to make the colour a little more evergreen. To bring some light back into the look I highlighted the inner corner using MAC Nylon a golden shade that made the perfect "topper" to the look! 

This look would be great with false lashes, but as I was just running errands and going for a casual dinner, I just added some fibre extensions to help give my lashes an extra boost.

Here is what was used on the rest of the face:

FACE | The rest of my makeup includes:
Loreal Infalliable Foundation + Garnier BB Cream for Combo Skin (it feels like I'll never be finished with these two!)

LIPS | Rimmel Nude Blush (sadly discontinued)

Even though he is usually not a fan of colourful makeup, Tyler loved this look - so that's a big WIN in my books!

What holiday festivities are you attending this year?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment