Wednesday 27 May 2015

Colour Story - Coral

No comments:
 
Today I'm starting a new series all about colour just in time for summer! I'm typically a neutrals girl through and through but lately I've been experimenting with adding a little more colour into my look and have been loving it. This series will be all about how to step outside of your regular comfort zone, while still remaining wearable. I'll share with you some of my favourite products from the colour family and a look featuring some of the products. Today we're starting out with one of my favourites for spring - coral.
Coral is a great "gateway" shade to adding some brightness to your look because it works on so many areas of the face and blends in well with standard neutrals. 
THE PRODUCTS

Benefit Coralista | The perfect sweet, light coral flush to make you look young, fresh and awake
NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel | A beautiful, comfortable corally-peach gloss perfect for even the non-lipgloss-lover
Maybelline Coral Queen | A punchy statement coral lip that looks fabulous in photos
Sonia Kashuk Sunset Blush | A brighter, bolder blush that adds a pop of colour to a minimal makeup look
Revlon Coral Berry | A deeper and slightly more wearable shade for every day, featured in my wearable spring lip colours
MAC Paradisco | A beautiful coral with a golden sheen - this shadow doesn't have great pigmentation on it's own but layers beautifully over other products
THE LOOK
EYES | Prime the eyes to make sure that the shadows adhere to the lid and give maximum colour payoff. I started off packing Coastal Scents Reef Coral all over the lid, and then topped it with MAC Paradisco to add a bit of a sheen. I blended Urban Decay Naked into the crease and under the eye for definition, and finished everything off with Urban Decay Virgin in the inner corner for subtle brightness. I skipped eyeliner to keep the eyes looking bright, and used Maybelline Lash Sensational on my upper lashes, and IT Cosmetics Tightline mascara on my bottom lashes.

FACE | Since I was doing colour on the eyes, I went with Benefit Coralista on the cheeks for a light application of blush. The slight shimmer in this formula really helps to give the skin a healthy glow without any highlighter.

LIPS | To keep the lips fairly light, I layered the Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle under my NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel.


What other colours would you like to see in this series? I would love to know! What are your favourite coral products?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia




Linking up with: Making Mrs. M & Miranda Writes for The Makeup Mix Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment