Wednesday 6 May 2015

What Are They Good For? Drugstore Concealers

No comments:
 
I've already rounded up my thoughts on the gel moisturizers, foundations, mascaras, lip balms and dry shampoos I've put to the test, so I thought it was about time to talk about concealers. There are so many amazing affordable options at drugstore prices, but different concealers can used for different purposes so here are my thoughts for navigating this space in the drugstore.


Maybelline Cover Stick | I feel like this is a hidden gem at the drugstore. This concealer was my secret weapon when I was working as a swim instructor because it is both high coverage and waterproof. I still to this day keep one on hand for the summer when I know I'll be at the lake or pool, or just generally spending time outdoors. It is a very thick consistency so I warm it up first with my fingers and then blend out with a fluffy blending brush so it doesn't appear cakey.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind | The brightener shade of the concealer is amazing for counteracting dark circles and bringing back some life to your face. It is a thick formula so a little goes a long way, and I always top it with something skin toned to make sure it blends into the face.

Coastal Scents Camo Quad | I know this isn't drugstore per se, but it is available for a drugstore price and I love it too much not to include it! This is my favourite concealer for covering blemishes, as it is so easy to get the perfect colour no matter how much of a tan you've got going on. It's a gel-like formula so it blends seamlessly and provides great coverage. 
 
Maybelline Fit Me | This is a very popular concealer, and for a good reason. The moisturizing texture makes it useful for both under the eyes and on the face. If you're battling dry skin or even dry spots from acne treatment this may be something you would love. Just note, the coverage is medium and it definitely benefits from being set because of the creamy consistency.

Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Rollerball | Since I already use a brightening product underneath my eyes, I love that this formula is very thin and doesn't feel like you're caking up the product. It's not very high coverage, but it covers what I need and it doesn't crease on me throughout the day making it perfect for everyday wear. The amount of product you get in this is crazy so even though it is on the higher end of prices, I know it will last me for at least a year.

What is your favourite affordable concealer?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment