Tuesday 11 August 2015

Swim Suit Confidence

No comments:
 
Today I've got something a bit different than my typical style post - but I thought it might be something many people can relate to, especially this time of the year. I have been on a journey to body confidence pretty much my whole life, and even though it's still something I struggle with I thought I'd share some of my tips for feeling confident during swimsuit season.
Bikini: Victoria's Secret {exact} | Top: Garage {similar} | Skirt: H&M {similar}
What's your favourite feature?
When it comes to buying swimsuits, it's easy to get caught up in some of the things you might not like about your body. Instead, focus on the things you love and let those guide you on picking your beach/poolwear.

I think the decollete is such a beautiful feminine feature, so I like wearing halter and bandeau-style tops that highlight that particular part of my body. Since I have more of an hourglass figure, when choosing cover ups I prefer pieces that highlight my waist since that is the smallest part of my body.

Modesty is OK!
While some people may feel great in a string bikini, if that's not your thing that is completely OK! There are plenty of styles that are ultra flattering for any level of coverage. Confidence is all about how you feel, and being comfortable should always be #1 no matter what the trends are. I personally think it's worth it to invest a little bit more money in a suit that makes you feel fabulous, since it's not a purchase you typically have to make every year as long as you take care of it!

Dark coloured one pieces always make me feel comfortable because they help smooth out and emphasize my shape while giving me coverage through my hips and back. Ruching is amazing for flattering the tummy area!

Find a cover up you LOVE
Cover ups are the perfect way to add a bit more of your personal style to a swimsuit. Don't limit yourself to things sold specifically as cover ups - get creative! This skirt & lace shirt combo is one of my favourites as it helps cover some of the areas that make me feel more self conscious while highlighting my favourite features. Neither of these pieces were sold as beach wear, but together they are light and comfortable and make me feel great.
You are altogether beautiful
It may sound cheesy, but it is 100% true: you are loved and wonderfully made, and your body in no way shapes your self-worth. I think we all go through periods where our self-esteem may not be at it's highest, but in surrounding yourself with people you love and trust, you can lower that wall of insecurity and focus on the positives. I am grateful I have a body that is healthy and strong!

Tell me - what feature do you love about your body?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment