Thursday 20 August 2015

Trash Talk - August Empties

No comments:
 
The empty products are starting to pile up again, so I thought it was about time to do some Trash Talk and decide whether these products were worth the repurchase.
A couple of staples I've gone through: another can of Batiste, and my second bottle of the Marcelle Micellar water. Both are holy grail products I've talked a ton about so you if you haven't already heard me rave about them you can read up on them here and here!


ELF Lip Exfoliator | This is a product I loved and raved about when I first bought it (it even made an appearance in my 2014 favourites), but now have been super disappointed by. I've had this for less than a year now and the product has completely dried up, and smells like plastic. When it did work it was a great easy way to quickly exfoliate the lips, mess free, but it's a bummer the amount of product that was wasted because it went off so quickly.

Recommendation? It's only $3 but I'm not sure I'd repurchase because there was just so much waste! Did I just get a bad one? Has this happened to anyone else? Are there any other stick exfoliators on the market I should try?

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener | I am head over heels in love with this stuff and I've been trying to use up every last drop before I have a chance to go out an repurchase. This has become a staple in my daily routine, and if I forget to use it I can instantly tell the difference in the finished look.
Recommendation? If you deal with any sort of blue undereye circles you should definitely give it a go!
Origins GinZing Eye Cream | I loved this when I first got it because it was brightening and absorbed quickly into the skin, but after a while the formula seemed to really thicken up and started looking a bit strange under the eyes. From now on I think I'll be sticking to eye creams in tubes because I'm pretty sure the air exposure is what altered the product.  

Recommendation? If you're looking for something to help counteract dark circles or brighten up the eyes, I've been using the F.A.B Triple Remedy (which comes in a tube) and it's been working amazingly well.

Stila Stay All Day Liner in Dark Brown | This is another product that was a love/hate for me. I've already raved many times about the Stay All Day liner in black - I love the flexible felt tip, and the product lasts seriously all day - but this formula seemed to be different. The colour was a perfect cool toned dark brown, but it seemed a bit more watery and dried up way faster than any of my black versions.

Recommendation? I'm not sure if I got a bad batch but I've moved on to another brown liner that I'm currently testing out. If you're looking for black though - definitely a must buy!

What products have you finished up lately? Were they grails or fails?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment