Thursday 1 January 2015

The Hit List 2014: Beauty Standouts

No comments:
 
Happy New Year friends! I hope you all welcomed in 2015 in safety and health. I came down with a pretty un-festive cold so I spent most of the night sleeping, but I did wake up with 30 seconds left to see the ball drop. In honour of it being New Year's Day, today I'll be kicking off my Hit List series - going through my standout products of the year over the next few days. First up: the beauty category! Here are the eye, face, and lip products that have topped my favourites list of 2014.

I recieved my first Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in a Sephora Favourite's box last Christmas, and you all know I've been obsessed with it ever since. In the last year I have only had to repurchase one time, and that's using it basically every day. The longevity + performance of this product means that it is worth repeat buys at the higher price tag.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara is my holy grail mascara for building super dark, volumized and lengthened lashes at a ridiculously affordable price. I wish it was more accessible in Canada so I could use it always, but for special occasions this is always my go to!

I have naturally fairly curled eyelashes, so for years I never saw the point in adding an Eyelash Curler to my routine. After picking up the habit this year, I will never go back! It makes a huge difference in opening up your eyes no matter what amount of makeup you're wearing.

After being invited to their new store in Toronto in the fall of 2014, I immediately fell in love with the formula of Inglot Eyeshadows (full review and swatches here). At least one colour in this quad, the matte colours especially, has been worn in almost every eye look I've done since getting this palette.
After trying and hating so many variations of the hit "BB" products, I finally stumbled on the Garnier BB Cream for Combination Skin and found my perfect match. This product is light weight but gives great coverage, doesn't make me feel greasy, and doesn't make me break out. Match made in heaven!

The Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller has been a favourite for years now, but I couldn't leave it out because it is used every day, even when I'm not wearing much makeup. It's just one of those products that helps me feel human again in the morning without being heavy or cakey.

Tarte Exposed Blush was a new discovery this year, and quickly trumped every other blush I've ever tried. The colour, the formula, and the way it looks and lasts on the cheeks are all perfection. It is the perfect rosey tan that looks beautiful no matter the season. I don't think I'll ever be without this product in my collection from here on out.

Stay Matte Powder was a faithful companion to my foundation in 2014. It is the type of powder that you apply once, and you don't have to worry about touching up throughout the day. For oily days and the heat of the summer, this was my perfect powder.

Coastal Scents Camo Quad in Medium has been my favourite facial concealer because of it's versatility, coverage, and gel-like texture. I can mix and match to get my perfect shade no matter the season, and use the white and dark colours for highlighting/contouring if I want. The packaging for this is a bit of a bummer as it comes apart, making it not so travel-friendly, but the product inside is a definite favourite.

I never used to pay any attention to my brows, but when I rediscovered the Maybelline Define A Brow in Dark Blonde in my collection this year I realized what a difference it can make. This pencil is great for a quick, light application that doesn't look too dark with my blonde hair, but really does help to frame my face.
The ELF Lip Exfoliator is something I'm not sure I've ever talked about on this blog, but it has been a silent favourite ever since I bought it earlier in 2014. It's an easy, mess free way to quickly rid my lips of dry skin before applying any other lip products. The super sweet scent and taste I could do without, but the results are worth it!

EOS lipblam is a winner for the second year running. While I don't think it is the most moisturizing lib balm out there, I still find myself reaching for it before others because it sticks around on the lips and makes a great lipstick base. The formula is not too thick or thin, and let's be honest it's also just fun to put on and easy to find in the bottom of my purse.

Maybelline's Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush was my go-to average lip colour this past year. The formula is beautiful - moisturizing but not too slick that it immediately disappears - and the colour is the perfect neutral to cool medium nude-pink. No mirror required. The fact that it smells like fruit loops isn't too shabby either.

Next Up: 2014 Haircare/Skincare/Body Care Favourites

What beauty products stood out to you in 2014?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment