Monday 22 September 2014

Inglot Freedom Shadows: Review & Swatches

No comments:
 
If you saw my post on Friday, you'll know I recently had the chance to play around with some of the famous Inglot shadows. Today, I'll be sharing with you the quad I brought home with me from the event and my thoughts on the overall quality.
Inglot shadows are customizable in a huge variety of palettes, from singles to 40 pan options. I decided that a quad was a good way to test out a variety of finishes but still keep it compact and travel friendly. The palette itself is extremely good quality. The top is held on by a series of tiny, but strong, magnets that don't budge until forced. The magnets from the lid can also be used to remove any of the shadows from the palette if I wanted to reconfigure or replace any of the shades.
L-R: #402, #363, #31, #32
The shadows I purchased were #402 a taupey pearl shade (very similar to MAC Satin Taupe with a touch more brown),  #363 a matte smokey grey with purple undertones, #154 a shimmery champagne-taupe, and #328 a matte beige shade similar to my skintone. 

The swatches above were done on bare skin with no primer underneath. As you can see, each of them packs a serious punch when it comes to pigmentation. When swatching, the matte shades did tend to kick up a bit of powder, but the results on the skin are buttery smooth.

To give you an idea of how these shadows look on the eye, I used all four shades to create the look above. #154 was used all over the eye, with #402 used to deepen up the outer third and run under the eye for some definition. I added a bit of #363 very lightly in the crease and blended it out with #328.

All of the shadows were easy to blend and look beautiful on the eye. I didn't experience any fallout, even with the darker matte shade. I see this palette becoming my go-to for the fall season as the colour combination is perfect for taking from day to night.

A four pan palette itself runs you $11 CAD, with each eyeshadow coming in at $10 CAD. Not the cheapest on the market, but considering the pans hold more product than an average MAC shadow and undeniably rivals the quality, I would say you definitely get your money's worth. I think I can officially call myself an Inglot convert.
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment