Friday 9 January 2015

Trash Talk: November/December Empties

No comments:
 
It's been a while since my last Trash Talk post, but I've finished up a few things over the past few months that I thought it was worth sharing my thoughts on, so let's just get right into it!
I used this L'Oreal Everstrong Deep Replenishing Masque when I was in university and loved it, so I was sad when I went to repurchase and could no longer find it in stores. When I was at a L'Oreal warehouse sale last year I spotted it and immediately put a few in my basket. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do what it used to for my hair. It smells great and does an okay job at hydrating but doesn't leave my hair soft and smooth like it used to.

Recommendation? I don't think you can buy it anymore, but if you happen to come across it I would skip it.

Before I found my beloved Stila Stay All Day liner the Jordana fabuliner was my go-to. The brown was my favourite because it was the perfect dark cool-toned brown liner that didn't end up pulling red on me. It has a thicker, stiff felt tip that was great for doing quick winged liner if you don't have a steady hand. The formula is a little thin but for the $2 price tag it was a great buy.

Recommendation? If you're a beginner with liquid liner I would recommend this one for sure as the brush is easy to handle and use for winged liner. If you're experienced and looking for a budgeproof formula than the Stila liner is my fav!
I don't hear a ton of people talking about the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation, but it is an old favourite of mine! It's super blendable, and even though it's creamy still works well on my combo-oily skin. It's more of a natural finish and not as longwearing as the formulas I've been wearing recently, but it's a great light and quick to apply option for winter weekends.

Recommendation? If you are a fan of cream foundations I highly recommend checking this one out!
I'm not a regular user of waterproof mascara so they usually dry out before I can really finish all the product. This L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes waterproof mascara was pretty average. It didn't add a ton of volume but did pretty well with separating and fanning out the lashes. I did notice a little bit of smudging when wearing it all day in the summer.

Recommendation? If you're looking for a volume, you won't find it here. It's a very natural looking mascara, but even if you like that look I personally prefer the Maybelline Illegal Length Waterproof formula.
This Joe Fresh Matte Topcoat was one of the first of the drugstore variety that I could find back in the day. For $3 or something similar it did the job, but it dried up fully before I could finish the bottle. I've since picked up the Wet N Wild Matte Topcoat.

Recommendation? If you're looking for something cheap and cheerful, this is available at most Loblaw's/Superstores.
This Walk the Line Liquid Liner from Hard Candy was one that had been in my collection for years, and it was just time for it to go. It is a brush tip liquid liner and is extremely black and long lasting, but I just find pen style liners easier to manage now.

Recommendation? I would say if you're a newbie this is probably not the easiest of liquid liners to navigate with, but you're a fan of brush tip liquid liners than it's worth picking this up from Walmart for under $10.

What's hit your trash recently?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment