Wednesday 21 January 2015

Review: L'Oreal Infalliable "Gel" Polish

No comments:
 
When I recieved this L'Oreal Infalliable polish as part of a Christmas gift, does my family know me or what, I knew it would be a great product for review. The bottle itself didn't have any information, but after doing a little research I realized that it has some pretty big claims. So how did it match up?

The colour I got was 02 - Always A Lady, a very deep burgundy cream with a red tinted top coat. The price of these range from $10-$12 CAD at Walmart/Shopper's Drug Mart, which is pretty steep for a nail polish from the drugstore. L'Oreal claims that the "Infallible Nail Polish is a sleekly designed two-step process that delivers on-trend shades, with hard as nails toughness and magnifying shine. A stunning, show-stopping hybrid gel-lacquer result, which is inspired by a Salon UV gel manicure. Up to 12 Days of wear"

I started with my Revlon Base Coat, that I'm almost certain has been sadly discontinued, since I use it with every polish that I put on my nails. The L'Oreal polish was amazing to apply - the brush is the perfect shape and size and the formula is super opaque, so I could have probably gotten away with one coat, but I put on two for good measure. It does give a super glossy finish, and actually had a surprisingly quick drying time for a thicker formula. 
I did a check in on how this polish was holding up on Instagram when I had had it on for five days - not bad right? Well here's a look at where we were on day 12.
Is that not pretty incredible?! I'm not even exaggerating when I say this polish did not chip on me at all in 12 days of wear. There was some minor tip wear that showed up pretty early in the marathon, possibly after trying to get into my phone's Otterbox to clean it out - those things are ridiculous to take off, but after that it really seemed to stay put. I did not wrap the tips in polish or top coat so that may have been a factor. My biggest problem with nail polishes is usually not so much that they chip easily, but that they start to crack under the top coat after a few days - does this happen to anyone else? The L'Oreal Infalliable had no cracks in sight. Seriously amazing, especially for such a dark polish. The shine was definitely taken down a notch over the 12 days, but it wasn't dull in the slightest.  Mostly the my nails were just starting to look grown out and in need of a fresh paint job!

The only con I can really say about this polish is the price considering how much product you get. After painting all my nails just once, there was a noticable decline in the product left in the bottle. However, I think that it is worth it because of the sheer longevity this polish has! Plus, I think this would be great for travel, because it's compact and has everything you need for a manicure on location. I think it's safe to say that I've found my new favourite polish formula!

Have you tried any of the polishes from this range?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment