Tuesday 31 December 2013

5 Faves: New Year's Nails

No comments:
 
New Year's Eve is upon us and while different plans call for vastly different outfits, nails are something that can be glammed up no matter the occasion! As I've mentioned before, I'm a bit of magpie when it comes to sparkle, and what better time to go full out then New Year's. Here are my top picks for NYE nails in a range of prices and shades to compliment whatever you are wearing to ring in 2014.

Orly Rage // Essie Hor D'oeuvres // China Glaze Loreli's Tiara // Revlon Facets of Fuchsia // Deborah Lippman Cleopatara

For those who can't be fussed with glitter or may be going glitter crazy for makeup or outfit, Orly Rage is the perfect glamorous accompaniment to a NYE ensemble. If you're into beauty or fashion you know that rose gold is just massive, and conveniently can pair with any other gold or silver jewelry. You can find Orly polishes at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Another chameleon polish is Essie's Hor D'oeuvres. This has been my favourite for the holiday season. It has flecks of silver and gold, and boy does it shine. I believe it is part of their holiday collection, available at most drugstores.

Loreli's Tiara is what I think of as a classic New Year's Polish. The most packed glitter I own, this silver-blue polish is crazy beautiful and guaranteed to get noticed. China Glaze polishes are also found at Sally's.

Another drugstore contender that is a little more subtle, Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia, though it may be called something else in some locations, is a great option for those who don't want in your face glitter. I recommend putting down a black polish first as the black base in this is fairly sheer, but this is still a great contender especially if you want to add a little colour outside of the typical black gold or silver.

And finally, the most expensive out of the bunch, Deborah Lippman's Cleopatara. I got this in a Sephora set for Christmas and it just screams New Year's to me. A little less glitz than Loreli's Tiara, but still striking.

I am still debating which of these lovely polishes I'm going to be sporting tonight, but as with most things in my life, it will probably be a game time decision. That's the beauty of nail polish: slap it on, apply a quick dry topcoat and you're ready for whatever!

Which of these sparkles catch your eye?

Whatever shenanigans you may be up to tonight, I wish you a safe and Happy New Year's, and look forward to a special treat from me for the start of 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment