Thursday 8 October 2015

Plum Suede | Simple Fall Nail Art

No comments:
 
It's been a hot minute since I did a nail post, so I thought with the changing of the seasons I would get some inspiration from all the deep colours and textures of fall! This manicure is super simple, but definitely still makes a statement.
L-R: Essie Bahama Mama | Wet N Wild Matte Topcoat | Revlon Plum Seduction
Since I'm all about simple nail art that packs a punch, the only tool needed outside of your nail colours is tape! I use painters tape specifically because it is less sticky and less likely to disturb the polish underneath.
The more opaque the polishes that you use the better, since the colour blocking requires at least three different layers of polish. Start with the lightest shade as a base and allow it to dry completely. Using the painters tape create any sort of shape that you prefer then paint over with the darker shade. Remove the tape before the polish has started to dry for crisp, clean lines. Wait for it to dry and top with a matte topcoat for a suede finish!

Are you into matte nails?


P.S. I'm over on Miss in the Midwest today sharing some of my favourite lipsticks for fall - hop on over to Karly's blog to see my picks for this season!

 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment