Friday 31 October 2014

Trash Talk: October Empties

No comments:
 
Happy Halloween pretties! Are you all ready for your Halloween festivities? I know I'm not, but that's never stopped me before. Stay tuned to Twitter for some sneak peeks as I put together my costume for this year!  The month of October has come and gone, and if you have been here a while you know what that means: may these products Rest In Peace. A little Halloween humour for you there - don't judge.
First up we have the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. This is a well loved favourite in blogland, and while I do really like the product I wish we were able to find it in the squeeze tube version in Canada. This tub came with an incredible amount of product which lasted me for ages, but having to scoop it out made it a very messy process. All in all I'm a fan, but now I'm on the lookout for my next favourite - any suggestions?
Recommendation? If you can find it in a tube, it's a steal for the price! In a tub, I would not repurchase.
I waited so long to give into the hype around the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, but now I wish I hadn't! I have had comments from multiple hairdressers since I started using this that my hair is in so much better shape than they expect from a bottle blonde. Because this has protein, and let's be real it's expensive, I try not to use it more than twice per week. This tub was $40 but it lasted me at least six months, maybe more.

Recommendation? If you have dry, damaged or colour treated hair I highly recommend testing it out, just try not to cringe when you hand over your credit card.
My beloved Purity cleanser from Philosophy finally bit the bullet, and if you consider I got this for Christmas last year I think that's a pretty good product life! I've been testing out something else, but I really don't think anything will stand up to Purity just because it does it all. It can remove makeup, though I always do that sparately first so I don't waste product, and cleanses the skin throughly without leaving it dry and tight. 

Recommendation? It is expensive, but worth it! I will definitely be restocking during the Sephora VIB sale!
This Lancome Cleansing Water was actually originally my Mum's, but in a pinch I borrowed it and finished it off. It did the job at removing makeup, but it was definitely not in my top picks of cleansing water's I've tried. It left a sort of sticky feeling on the skin that needed to be rinsed off before continuing with my routine. I have recently found a new cleansing water that is a fraction of the price of both this and Bioderma and works like a charm, so stay tuned!

Recommendation? Not worth it in my opinion! I will be purchasing a second of my new favourite to replace this in my Mum's routine.
And finally, would a Trash Talk post be complete without some sort of dry shampoo product? When I was in Orlando, I picked up the Suave Dry Shampoo after reading how much Karly loved it. I really do like this, but I still think that Batiste is my holy grail. The smell of this is very citrusy, so if you are using in a small room beware! This was a good lower price option dry shampoo, but not my absolute favourite.

Recommendation? I may repurchase again someday, but as it's not available in Canada (that I know of) I'll be sticking with my Batiste for the time being.

That's all folks! If you're looking for Halloween-themed reads, you can always check out my DIY costme from last year or my Halloween's through the ages posts from when I started this little blog last year!

So tell me: what ghostly products have hit your trash recently? And also, are you dressing up for Halloween?


keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment