Thursday 9 October 2014

Trash Talk - September Empties

No comments:
 
 
While this may be coming at you a wee bit late, who doesn't love a little bit of mini-review action? Most of the items this month came from me doing a little bit of binge beauty sorting, but stay tuned for next month because I have so many products that are so close to hitting the trash that I can almost be certain they will all annoyingly fizzle out at once within the next few weeks.
 I've talked a few times about my love for this John Freida Frizz Ease Conditioner on the blog before so I'll keep it short and sweet. It smells great, it makes my hair soft, helps my battle against frizz and it always reminds me of summer. That's a winner in my books!

Recommendation? If you have a problem with frizzy hair, go get you some.
These had probably been in my drawers for much too long. I don't wear false eyelashes very often anymore, but when I did I loved the Duo dark tone glue especially. As long as you were pretty confident in your placement, it looked almost liner-esque which easily blended in with already established makeup looks.

Recommendation? These do work, and work well, but I just prefer the convenience of the Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive nowadays. I just wish I could find one with a dark tone!
I accidentally fell in love with this Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner after receiving a kit with this in it last Christmas. This is the exact same one. Yes, it lasted this long with almost daily use, which meant it was worth the $20 repurchase from me. Nothing I've tried really compares to its lasting power, and still is easy to remove at the end of the day.

Recommendation? If you're a winged liner lover, you basically need this. I promise you won't be sorry.
You all know how faithful I am to my Jordana Best Lash Extreme, but sometimes when it starts to get past the two month mark it can get a little thick. While this Covergirl Clump Crusher was never a standout formula to me on it's own (though if you prefer really natural looking lashes this might be up your alley),  it is great as a layering mascara to help comb through some of your clumpier formulas.

Recommendation? Completely unnecessary, but kind of nice to have on hand in case of mega spidery lashes.
I love the original Voluminous mascara from L'Oreal and after hearing all the hype on this release I decided to give it a go. Honestly? Not really impressed. While it was decent for separating the lashes and adding a little bit of length, it really did nothing for me in the volume department, which is where I need it most.

Recommendation? Again, if you like a natural look this may be something to try, but I will not be repurchasing.
My beloved Sally Hansen Nail Polish in Flirt finally bit the dust, and no amount of Seche Restore could bring it back to life. I think this has been discontinued since I couldn't find it in stores, but thankfully I found a replacement for the deep burgundy shade that is my favourite to wear in the fall.

Recommendation? If you can find it I would definitely pick it up, but if you are looking for a similar colour Essie's Bahama Mama is a gem of formula!

That's it, that's all. What have you used up recently?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment