Wednesday 24 June 2015

Colour Story - Purple

No comments:
 
I'm back today with another installment in my Colour Story series designed to help neutral girls (ike me step out of our comfort zone a little. This time I'll be focusing on purple - a both super flattering and tricky colour when it comes to makeup.
There are so many tones of purple out there, but since it's summer here I'll be talking about the lighter, brighter shades in my collection.

THE PRODUCTS

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple | A beautiful blue-toned purple with a slight sheen. This is marketed as a shadow base, but I prefer to use it as a liner since it can become patchy when spread out over a large surface area.
Loreal Infallible Shadow in Flashback Silver (Liquid Diamond in the US) | A lilac-silver that is stunning used as a highlight with other purple tones.
CoverGirl Lipstick in Divine |  A striking purple with a pink undertone, this shade is surprisingly wearable and even after wearing off leaves a fuchsia stain on the lips.
Wet N Wild Trio in I'm Feeling Retro | I bought this trio exclusively for the purple-orchid shade with a slight blue duo-chrome that reminded me of MACs Stars & Rockets. It takes some building up, but the colour is stunning!

THE LOOK

EYES | I found the purple tones were more wearable with an overall darker look so on the eyelid I used UD Virgin all over the lid, Naked in the crease and Darkhorse in the outer corner to deepen things up. I used the Stila Stay All Day Liner in Dark Brown and two coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational for thick looking lashes. I ran the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple under the eye and topped with the purple shadow from Wet N Wild's I'm Feeling Retro Quad and smudged it out a touch with a qtip.

FACE | To balance out all the cooler tones on the face, I went with Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed for a neutral warm flush to the cheeks that wouldn't compete with any of the brighter colours.

LIPS | To help the bright tone last, I first applied the NYX Lip Primer and topped with the CoverGirl Lipstick in Divine.

I used to be pretty weary of purple on the lips, but I've really come to love the look! Even though it is a bright colour, the deeper shade and pink undertones keep it looking wearable especially for a night out.

What do you think - are you a purple fan?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment