Wednesday 10 June 2015

"No-Makeup" Makeup

No comments:
 
Although I am a big fan of playing around with makeup, for most weekend mornings and days that I work from home I'm all about the minimalistic approach. I don't want to feel like I'm not letting my skin breathe or piling on the makeup, but there is just something about doing a morning routine that wakes me up and gets me ready for the day. A few of these products you would have seen in my May Favourites, but I thought I'd give you a look at how I achieve my "no-makeup" makeup.
As part of my nightime routine I fallen back in love with my Clarins Radiance Plus Glow Booster, which is a self tan serum that you mix in with your own moisturizer. They are amazing for adding natural looking colour and help even out my skin tone even before I put anything on top. I've also been religiously applying my RapidLash serum at bedtime to help give my lashes an extra boost!
I've been raving about the IT Cosmetics CC Cream for weeks now, so I won't go into detail, but I apply it directly after washing my face and it acts as moisturizer, foundation and SPF. For minimal days I'll skip undereye concealer all together and just use my First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy to help tone down the darkness under my eyes and reduce puffiness. If I had any particularly nasty spots I would use concealer, but the CC cream covers most of my hyper-pigmentation and the rest I just leave be.
 
To set these creamy products and add a little dimension to the face I use my trusty Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. These powders are so finely milled they really help apply a "soft focus" look to the skin. I use Dim Light to set the majority of my face, and a touch of Radiant Light around the high points for a subtle bronze glow. I have naturally flushed cheeks, so with Radiant Light I can usually just skip the blush.
After the skin is done, it's all about the eyes. Curling my eyelashes is a step I never skip because it makes such a difference in opening up the eyes and making you look awake. Lately for minimal days I've just been using my IT Cosmetics Tighline Mascara Primer on my top and bottom lashes since the tiny brush makes it easy to get long, clean, fanned out lashes. It also claims to have lash enhancing ingredients so it's the perfect 

The final step - brows! I'm planning on picking up a coloured brow gel on my trip to New York this month (any recommendations would be appreciated) for days like these, but for now I'm using the Milani Retractable Brow Pencil in Natural Taupe. It has a nice spoolie and has a larger tip so it makes getting colour on the brows quick and easy.

And there you have it! This whole routine takes me all of about five minutes (maybe even less), and can easily be built up for an outing later in the day if necessary.

What are your "no-makeup" cheat products?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment