Wednesday 2 April 2014

Trash Talk - March Empties

No comments:
 
The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and I'm slowly starting to be able to see the grass in my front lawn. April has brought with it real signs of spring! What better way to celebrate the start of a new glorious month than to root through my trash? If you have read any of my other empties posts - you know the drill.


Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I've had the Oily/Combo skin version of this cleanser in my skin routine for years, and somewhere along the way I picked up the plain old original formula to give it a whirl. Well, it was a big fail for my face. It didn't feel like it was really getting my skin clean, in fact it actually felt like it was leaving a gross film behind. But, it was a big honking bottle and I wanted to find some sort of use for it, so I've been using it up as a shaving lotion. Even for that it wasn't anything to write home about.
Recommendation? It probably depends on your skin type but I will definitely not be repurchasing again. 

Joico Daily Care Balancing Shampoo. I got this shampoo in a set with the matching conditioner for Christmas one year, and at first thought I really didn't care for it. Let me tell you, if I'm using up a shampoo before a conditioner that says a lot about it. It definitely grew on me and was a great, simple shampoo that wasn't too moisturizing and wasn't too stripping (aka 'volumizing'). It just left my hair really clean and smelled great.
Recommendation? I would give this a try if you're looking for a new shampoo without any bells or whistles.

Clairsonic Sensitive Brush Head. Okay so maybe this is not "empty" but it is on it's way to the trash. I probably kept this for a little longer than I should have, but it's finally looking pretty ragged and was ready to be retired. I got a few of the "deep pore cleansing" replacement heads for Christmas and honestly can't really tell the difference.
Recommendation? If you have a Clairsonic I feel like this one is always a safe choice for your money.

Tree Hut Brazilian Nut Scrub. The smell of this scrub is so completely divine I can't get over it. To me it smells like butterscotch ripple ice cream. Yes, that specific and that good. It also happens to do a great job at exfoliating AND is under $6 if I remember correctly. Win-win-win all day. Unfortunately I don't think I can get this in Canada, but the next time I head to the US you bet I'm coming back with a stash.
Recommendation? Just go now, you won't regret it. Even if butterscotch ripple smell isn't your cup of tea, they have a few others to choose from - including coconut lime my favourite combination of life.

Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream. I won't bore you talking about this again since I've already mentioned it in several posts, but I go through this stuff like nobodies business. If you have normal to oily skin go get you some. Seriously.

It's incredible how much doing these posts have encouraged me to really use up what I already have. All on my journey from product hordem. Do you feel this accomplished when you use up products?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter


 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment