Friday 3 April 2015

Loving Lately - March Favourites

No comments:
 
Another month has come and gone and I don't know about you, but I was definitely in need of a day off so I hope you are all enjoying the start of your long Easter weekend! Let's get into the favourites.

Elf Small Stipple Brush | You may recognize this brush from my post on my DIY Natural Daily Brush Cleanser, because it has gotten non stop love from me since I picked it up at a Target closing sale. I've been big into cream blush (more on that in a minute) and this is the absolute perfect brush to apply with - it's a great size, picks up the right amount of product, and blends amazingly. Absolute must-buy if you are into cream cheek products!

NYC Blushable Cream Stick | Speaking of cream blushes, this was the only one I had in my collection, and it has been on my cheeks for the past month and a half straight. I'm still dealing with a bit more dry skin and the cream formula has been great at giving that fresh dewy look to the skin. I don't think they make these anymore, but I've heard the Maybelline Blush Sticks are very nice as well!

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse | I featured one of these in a recent empties, and it reminded me how much I used to love this foundation. Since my trusty CoverGirl Stay Gorgeous was still making me feel a bit dry, I decided to pick up another one of these and have been loving it. It's a cream formula, but once set with my Stay Matte Powder it makes the perfect combination of moisturizing but not greasy. I will say the colour selection isn't great for the pale girls - this is the lightest colour and it oxidizes to be a hair too dark for me, but it'll be perfect for the spring as I start to get some more colour.

Maybelline Lash Sensational | This mascara had been getting some rave reviews from my favourite bloggers and Youtubers so I decided to give it a go. I didn't fall in love with it at first, but as I continued using it I've really come to love the look it gives. It's a very lenghtening and separating mascara, but doesn't do a ton in terms of volume. There is absolutely zero smudging, transferring or bleeding that happens during the day, which is amazing for my lower lashes, though it does make it a little bit harder to remove at the end of the day. All in all it doesn't beat my HG Jordana Best Lash Extreme, but it gives a really pretty fresh and awake look for spring.

Wet Brush Pro | Last but certainly not least, I've been obsessed with my Wet Brush this month. You all know I'm a big fan of the Tangle Teezer, but when my hairdresser used this brush on me during my appointment last month I was instantly sold. My fine curly hair becomes a nightmare of tangles after washing, but this thing - no joke - just slides right through those tangles. It's incredible! I leave this for use exclusively after showering, and use my Tangle Teezers for dry hair.
In terms of a lifestyle favourite - if you are looking for a new book to read, I highly recommend picking up Jodi Picoult's Leaving Time. I recommended it to a friend while I was in the middle, and she blew through the whole thing before I was even finished and told me to call her as soon as I hit the end because she was so excited about it. It's that good.

What have you been loving this month?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment