Wednesday 22 April 2015

Spring Additions

No comments:
 
For me there is something especially exciting about changing up my makeup for spring - anyone else feel the same? Maybe it's because it's my favourite season, but I just love dusting off my tried-and-true favourites and adding a choice few new products! Here are the additions I've had to my routine lately:
Setting Spray | During the winter my skin was dry enough that I didn't need to set it at all. Now that the temperatures and humidity are on the rise, a makeup setting spray is the perfect product to set my skin without drying it out. I use the original Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray, but they also make a version available at Sephora. I've heard the is drugstore version is a great option for half the price!

Bold Lip | I recently did a post devoted to my favourite wearable lip colours for spring, but a bold bright colour for nights out is always a fun option. The formula of the Sephora Cream Lip Stains is amazing - budge-proof while still feeling light on the lips. Strawberry Kissed is a beautiful alternative to red for the season.

Beachy Scent | Time to put away those heavier winter fragrances and pull out your lighter, fresher perfumes! I recently picked up Replica Beach Walk after hearing Carly rave about it, and I highly recommend you give it a try next time you're in Sephora. It has the beachy, coconut undertones, but with a bit of a floral/musk that helps balance out the sweetness.

Faux Glow | If you've been a long time reader you'll remember the Clarins Radiance Glow Booster from last summer. If you have naturally fair skin this is perfect for giving your face a natural looking boost, and mixes with your own facial moisturizer so it's perfect for sensitive/acne prone skin. I finished an entire bottle last summer and can't wait to bust it out again!

Bright Eyes | In the spring I tend to lighten up my makeup and focus on bright eyes and long lashes. I finally caved and bought the First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy and let met tell you: it's expensive, but it works amazingly! It's an eye cream with a peachy-salmon tone that helps hydrate and de-puff as well as conceal and correct dark undereyes. Perfect for "no makeup" days. If you're on a budget I've love the Maybelline Age Rewind Brightener for years.

I also love bringing the focus to my eyes by using a bright shadow in the inner corner. My favourite for spring/summer is MAC Nylon a super brightening white gold that is perfect paired with a bright lip and tons of mascara. If you're looking for something a little more subtle, MAC Ricepaper and Urban Decay Virgin are two other favourites.

What are your spring beauty essentials?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment