Thursday 16 July 2015

Trash Talk: Recent Empties {Moisturizing Edition}

No comments:
 
It's been a few months since my last empties post so I thought it was about time we go through my beauty trash and see what's worth purchasing again. This time it just so happened that every since one of the products I've used up were moisturizers of some variety - can you tell it's summer?

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque | This is probably my HG hair product. I talked about it at length in my Blonde/Damaged Hair Care post, and the love affair is still going strong. It looks like they've repackaged this product, but I hope it is the same formula inside!
 
Recommendation? It's a tad expensive, but worth every single penny for how amazing it makes my hair look & feel. I've already repurchased!

Garnier Body Soothing 7-Day Refreshing Gel Cream | When I first got this body lotion, I absolutely loved it. I'm a big fan of gel creams because of how quickly they absorb into the skin. This does absorb fairly quickly, and left my skin very soft in the morning, but it leaves a kind of film on the surface of the skin (maybe that has to do with the 7 day claim) that stopped me from reaching for it all the time.
 
Recommendation? I have other moisturizers I like better so I wouldn't repurchase. It looks like they've stopped selling this in North America anyway!

St. Ives Skin Renewing Body Lotion | I think I've gone through two full sized bottles and one travel size of this moisturizer, which is a pretty big deal. I love this both as a body lotion and hand cream because it absorbs so quickly into the skin and doesn't leave it feeling sticky or greasy. Tyler is not a fan of the smell but I absolutely love it!
 
Recommendation? I highly recommend trying this out! I have way to many lotions in my stash, but once I've gone through a couple more I will definitely repurchase.

Body Shop Satsuma Puree Body Lotion | This lotion is a great texture that is lightly moisturizing and quick to apply for everyday. The satsuma scent is nice, but is a bit overpowering and I've found myself getting really sick of it after using this regularly for months. I have another bottle that I keep at work and I always get compliments on the scent, but it's a bit much for me now.

Recommendation? I would consider repurchasing another scent of this lotion because of the performance, but I would not recommend this for anyone that is sensitive to strong fragrance.

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Mask | I got this in a kit for Christmas and absolutely loved it for the winter when my skin was super dry (review here). I could apply it before bed and really let it do it's thing overnight to help my skin feel comfortable and soft by morning. The full size tub is expensive, but considering how much product you get I think it's actually pretty reasonably priced!

Recommendation? I would definitely purchase the full size of this product, but I might try out one of PTR's other masks first since I've heard great reviews on them all! Have you tried any of the others?

Have you be lathering on the lotion like I have recently? What's been in your beauty trash?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment