Wednesday 13 January 2016

3 Ways to Beat Dry Winter Skin

No comments:
 
Winter weather has finally caught up with us and whether or not you're dealing with harsh wind chills and freezing temperatures, a change of season often calls for a change in routine when it comes to skincare. While I don't think it's necessary to throw a routine that is working for you out the window, here are 3 simple steps you can take to bring some much needed hydration to dry winter skin. Thanks to Sibu Beauty for providing some of my new favourite products!


Layer Up


Now that sub-zero temperatures have arrived, my Vaseline spray lotion is feeling a bit light for the skin on my legs and arms especially. Layering my products has done amazing things for my skin! I love using the Body Shop Beautifying Dry Oil on my legs and sealing it in with the Sibu Beauty Body Cream. This combo has given me the softest legs of my entire life!

For a thick, hydrating lotion the Sibu Body Cream also absorbs really quickly into the skin so instead of washing it off after moisturizing my body like I normally I do, I leave it on my hands and apply my Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil to give my hands an extra boost during the super dry weather.

Tyler has also been battling some stubborn dry patches on his face and we've been layering the Hydrating Serum with the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, and I saw a huge difference in the dry patches within days!

Treat Yourself


I've recently been obsessed with face masks, and find myself making the time to do one almost every other day, and my skin has been feeling and looking amazing. The Peter Thomas Roth Gel Cucumber Mask is a long time favourite for hydrating parched skin, but the Rose Stem Cell Mask has been a recent love as well.

Once in a while opt out of the piping hot shower which dries out your skin even more, and treat yourself to a bath with a LUSH bath melt. They create a rich creamy bath that softens the skin while you relax!

Sleep On It


Sometimes thicker products are just necessary for getting the results that we need during the winter months, so use those 8 hours you're catching some zzz to get the most moisture into your skin. I think we've all heard it the "drink more water" speech before, but consider a humidifier to help restore moisture into the air that is taken away by dry indoor heaters. I got this one for Christmas and have been loving it!

Before getting into bed I apply the Sibu Miracle Stick on the backs of my arms where I get rough dry patches, as well as a little to my lips before I put on my PJs and head to bed. It is a thick product, but I let it work it's magic over night and my arms have never beens smoother!

What is your best tip for dealing with dry winter skin?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment