Wednesday 6 January 2016

The Hit List 2015 | Beauty Favourites

No comments:
 

We've covered the best skincare, haircare and nail products of 2015, so it's about time we got into the best of the best beauty of the year! Grab yourself a beverage and get comfy because I have a ton of amazing products to talk about today to wrap up my Hit List series for 2015!

Face



IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ | This should come as no surprise to anyone who has read any of my makeup or favourites posts from the past six months.  Beautiful coverage and finish, an SPF of 50+ and great staying power made it my favourite product discovery of the spring. It's an easy one stop product that I wish came in more shades! 

Maybelline Master Concealer | I'm still an avid user of my Coastal Scents Camo Quad, but this concealer became a handbag staple for me this year. The formula isn't too dry and has amazing coverage so it's perfect for a quick touch up or travelling since it can be used under the eyes or to cover spots on the face. 

Maybelline Age Rewind Brightener | I rediscovered this product this year and have been using it every single day since. It immediately brings life to my face and makes me look awake and fresh even on days when I've gotten less sleep than I should have. 

Skindinavia Makeup Setting Sprays | I also began to really appreciate setting sprays this year as my skin became a touch more dry. I use it in the winter as my only setting product to avoid any dry patches from powdering, and as a finishing spray in the summer to avoid makeup meltdown. The regular setting spray is my favourite but the oil control version was great in the summer heat!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette | These powders are a beautiful formula, and having an "all over" powder, highlight and bronzey shade in one palette makes it a perfect full face/travelling companion. I will say if you were to pick one I would go for the Dim Light, it leaves the skin with a beautiful soft focus finish that is like nothing else I've ever tried!

And once again Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed had to make an appearance for the second year in a row because it is my HG blush!

Eyes



Naked2 Basics | This is the everyday eyeshadow palette of my dreams. I love the cooler tones which suit my light & cool features, and the mix of colours is perfect from day to night. I use every single shade in this palette which is rare so it had to be included!

Maybelline Lash Sensational + Jordana Best Lash Extreme + IT Cosmetics Tightline | This trio of mascaras made for the best lashes ever in 2015. I've loved the Jordana mascara for a long time because it is super dark and dramatic, but layering it over the Lash Sensational, which is great for lengthening and separating the lashes, was a match made in heaven. The Tightline's teeny tiny brush and smudge-proof formula made it perfect for getting right to the root of the lashes for natural day or on the lower lashes for a more dramatic look.

Stila Black Stay All Day Liquid Liner | I'm convinced this is the best black liner on the market, full stop. It's tip is flexible enough for the perfect feline flick, without being too flimsy and messy. It's rich and black and seriously stays. all. day. and a tube lasts me at least six months. I did try the brown and was a little disappointed so I would recommend sticking to black!

Sephora Cup of Joe Wink-It Felt Liner | I picked this up after my Stila disappointment and have worn it nearly every work day since.  I don't love the tip or staying power as much as the Stila liners but the colour is a perfect opaque dark cool-toned brown, and nothing else has beat it yet!

NYX Brow Mascara & Anastasia Brow Gel | This was definitely the year of brows for me, and what a difference a little attention to them has made! The NYX brow mascara is the perfect budget friendly one-step brow product that I use everyday to define and shape my brows. Nothing quite holds like the Anastasia gel though, and if I was looking for perfect brows from morning to night, this was my #1.

Lips



Maybelline Lust for Blush Color Whisper | This was without a doubt my most worn lip product of the entire year. The natural cool pink colour, the silky formula, and the fact that it smells like fruit loops meant that it lived in my purse for easy access all year long.

NYX Butter Gloss | I'm not usually a lip gloss girl but the formula of these is simply beautiful. Thick enough to stick around on the lips but not sticky, they are just so comfortable and moisturizing to wear. My favourite shade was Creme Brule, but it met an untimely death one day when I accidentally crushed the tube on the kitchen floor (oops). 

Maybelline Plum Please Color Blur | I had to throw this in as an honourable mention because the colour is so stunning! It's dark but still super flattering, and it's made an appearance in many blog posts in the past couple of months! 

If you managed to make it to the end, thank you so much for joining with me in 2015 and recommending some of your favourites in the comments! If you missed them, don't forget to check out my 2015 standouts in the skincarehaircare and nail product categories!

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment