Wednesday 20 January 2016

Volumizing Products for Fine Thin Hair ft. Miss in the Midwest

No comments:
 
Hi everyone - today I've got Karly from Miss in the Midwest here to share her secrets to big beautiful hair. Her styles are always on point so you better believe I'll be trying out these products in the near future!

Hello, The View is Beautiful readers! My name is Karly, and I blog at Miss in the Midwest where I share my love of style and beauty, along with some peeks into my life as a born and raised Midwest girl. Nadia and I have become good friends throughout the past couple years, so I'm thrilled to be here today while she is away enjoying her vacation!

Okay, let's get down to beauty business. If you have hair anything like mine, then you'll know that it can be pretty difficult to get fine, straight hair to do anything - especially to achieve any sort of volume.




Throughout the past year, I've experimented with different products, and I finally have a select arsenal of products that help me achieve a voluminous, salon-quality blowout in the comfort of my own home.

Pantene Pro-V Volume Triple Action Mousse // This mousse is my go-to for everyday use (or on the days that I wash and blow dry my hair). Don't be concerned by it's claim of maximum hold - while I do find that it gives my hair hold and lasting volume throughout the day, this product never has made my hair crunchy or show oil at the roots quicker than normal.


L'Oreal Paris Boost It Volume Inject Mousse // This product, on the other hand, is what I reach for when I plan to put more style in my hair other than just blow drying it straight with a round brush. (Last week, I filmed a hair tutorial on how to use my favorite heated hair tool!). It provides just that extra amount of hold and oomph that you need when styling your hair for a special occasion or if you just want to amp it up on a particular day. Don't put too much of this near the roots, though - it can leave a greasy oily residue behind if there's too much in your hair. A golf ball-sized dollop usually does the trick for me.

Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Biotin + Volume & Texture Magic Volume Powder // This is still a fairly new-to-me product, but oh my goodness - this stuff is ah.mazing. This is the first volume powder that I've tried, and I would beg to argue that this is better than dry shampoo (which, I can't live without). This gives my hair crazy volume and texture, which is perfect for second and third day hair when I typically throw it in a messy bun. Just remember that a little goes a long way!

TRESemme 24-Hour Body Finishing Spray // This might be my favorite product of the bunch! This spray provides fantastic volume and hold to any hairstyle. It never gets crunchy, despite how much you might spray in your hair, and you can reuse it throughout the day if your hair starts to fall. I recently had this with me during bridesmaid duties at a wedding, and my hair looked just as full and voluminous at the end of the night as it did when I applied it pretty early in the morning.

So, if you are suffering from flat, lifeless hair, I hope that you give a few of these products a try to bring some volume and bounce back to your hair!

Thanks, Nadia for having me takeover your space today, and I hope some of you will stop over at Miss in the Midwest and say hello!

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment