Friday 3 January 2014

2014 - The Year of..

No comments:
 
I'm going to start this out by being completely honest. I have a track record of being terrible with perseverance. I'm the kind of person that gets really excited to start something, but then loses steam along the way and lets things fall by the wayside. So I think it's safe to say that traditional "resolutions" don't fly with me.

However.

Everyone needs something to strive towards. While the physical date of January 1st shouldn't be the only motivating factor, wanting to better yourself isn't something that should be brushed off as a cheesy by-product of the end of the holidays. If you are looking for some inspiration, Lara Casey does an incredible series on setting real meaningful goals.

This year, I have decided to focus on follow-through.


Instead of rhyming off a long list of things I want to accomplish, I want to spend my energy on focus and commitment, making small achievable goals along the way. I've learned through work that you are only likely to achieve all your goals if you only make 1-3. And so, my overarching goals for the year: one for me, and one for anyone else.

1. Not to take for granted any of my blessings. Use my creative energy it to finish something every week.

2. Pay it forward. Focus on giving back as much as I have been given. Do one thing for someone else every day.

And that is that! So far I'm doing pretty good, but that's how it always starts out doesn't it. What are your goals for 2014?


No comments:

Post a Comment