Sunday 5 January 2014

The Hit List 2013 - Beauty Standouts

No comments:
 
How is this for irony? The day after I commit myself to follow-through I schedule out my post for the day and it doesn't go up. Well, if anyone has any info on how I can make Blogger stick to the schedule I give it, I'd love to know. At any rate, you'll be in for a treat today as I'll be posting not one but two installments of this next series.

Today I bring you my top 5 favourites from my face, eyes and lips collections. Without rambling too much, let crack on. If I've already given a review on the product, just follow the link to get the details! Let me know if you would like to see more detail on any of the products I've given my stamp of approval below.  


Stay Flawless. Perfection in a foundation if I've ever seen one. Read more about why I love it here. Lately I've been mixing it in with a bit of my favourite moisturizer to lighten the coverage and it has still been working flawlessly.

Milani Multitasker. This was my staple in the summer. Coverage without being heavy. Matte but not flat. It can be used as a foundation or setting powder if you use a light hand. The only con I would say is the absolutely massive packaging. The product itself is lovely. 

Benefit Coralista. A cult classic in the beauty world, and for good reason. I never used to be a real blush person, but I've reached for this almost everyday since I got it. A tinsy bit of shimmer and the perfect corally colour really brightens up my fair complexion. Winter or Summer this one is a winner. 

Coastal Scents cover quad in Medium. I recently re-fell in love with this product. Talk about a multitasker. Four shades means that it works for me all year round, and not only for concealing. The formula is creamy but not sticky, it dries to a perfect finish. Love love love.

Garnier RollerBall. I think I will own this for forever and ever Amen. Not the heaviest coverage (though if you let it sit for a minute before blending it helps) but good enough for me. It feels light and lovely and you can read more about it here.
Jordana Best Lash Extreme. I can't buy this in Canada, but every time I've been across the boarder this year I've picked up at least one tube of this mascara. So cheap, yet so good. The formula does thicken up quite a bit, but if you clean up your brush a bit it can do magical things to your eyelashes.

Original Naked Palette. An oldie but a goodie, I used this nearly every day this year in some capacity. I originally had the Naked 2 on my wish list this year, but ended up taking it off when I shared it with my family because I really don't think I need it. I love the original that much. 

Satin Taupe. The single eyeshadow of my dreams. Normally I go for warmer colours (aka the Naked palette) but when I'm looking to do a more smokey type of look this has been my go-to. My boyfriend also loves whenever I wear it so that makes it an automatic favourite.

Jordana Easy Liner. Jordana just hit it out of the park for me this year. I have both black and brown now, and the brown became and instant favourite that made its way into my everyday routine. I used to hate doing liquid liner, but it is not only easy to remove (I used to line my waterline every day and wake up with raccoon eyes no matter how well I cleaned my face) but super flattering and not too harsh for everyday.

Maybelline Colour Tattoos. The lazy-girl's miracle product to looking put together. I now have 4 different colours and love them better than my MAC Paint Pots. Now if only they would make any of the matte beige offerings permanent.

EOS Lip Balm in Honeydew and The Body Shop Honeymainia Lip Balm. I am a lip balm girl at heart. I can't tell you how many I must have lying around in my life, but these two were the ones that made the greatest impression on me in 2013. EOS balms have been around for years, but I realized recently that they are what I use on the most regular basis. The Honeymainia Balm slipped in at the last moment as a Christmas goodie. The smell of it is just divine, and I've been keeping it by my bed and applying it every night before hitting the hay.

Bourjois Chubby Stick in Peach on the Beach. This is possibly the most gorgeous colour I've ever owned. Not too bright, not too overly shiney, just plain beautiful. It looks like a summer colour, but I've been wearing it recently too as shake up of the traditional darker winter look.

NYX Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo. The formula on this one is the most important part. I'm not a super glossy lip fan, but I suffer from chronically dry lips and this is one of the lip colour products I can stand wearing because it doesn't make me look like I'm withering up.

NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick. Again a last minute favourite, but I got this as part of the Sephora Super Stars kit and it was instantly joined the rest of my carry along products so I think that says something.

No comments:

Post a Comment