Friday 4 July 2014

Beauty Basics: Favourite Neutral Single Eyeshadows

No comments:
 
A couple of weeks ago I shared my favourite warm and cool toned neutral palettes. If you're not really an eyeshadow person, I definitely recommend picking up one of those and you'll probably have all you'll ever need. However, if you are a lover of neutral shadows like I am, here are my favourite singles that I've added to my collection over the years.
The first round of swatches are all MAC just simply because I love the quality and the shade selection that MAC offers. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, I've heard Makeup Geek sells similar shades at a lower price point. 
From left to right:
Brule - My most used single shadow. A matte beige that is just a hair lighter than my skin tone, perfect for blending out other colours or just sweeping all over the lid to neutralize any blue/purple tones.
Nylon - The perfect bright inner corner highlight. It really helps bring a lot of light to your eyes and makes your face look fresh and awake.
Ricepaper - A less shimmery golden beige that looks great all over the lid. I use this a ton in the spring and summer. 
Woodwinked - A cult classic metallic golden bronze that looks incredible when you have a tan.
Bronze - A deep broze with a red undertone that pairs perfectly with Woodwinked for a summer smokey eye.
Satin Taupe - A great cool neutral that hovers somewhere between brown, purple and grey. This shade really makes my light eyes stand out and is a perfect one shadow smokey eye in the fall/winter.

When going through my single shadows, I realized I had an unnecessary amount of golden pink shadows, so I rounded them up to show you how they compare.

From left to right:
L'Oreal Amber Rush A highly reflective rose gold shade that almost looks like liquid metal on the eye.
NYX Champagne - A deeper pinky-beige with subtle shimmer that is a great staple for all over the lid. This is the closest I've found to MAC's All That Glitters (far right), but the formula is a bit more powdery so watch for fallout.
Urban Decay Sin - A lighter, brighter shimmery neutral pink that looks great as an inner corner highlight.
MAC All That Glitters - Probably my second most used single because it is so versatile and subtle. It lies somewhere between a satin and shimmer so it just looks beautiful on the eye.
And there you have it! What is your favourite single shadow?

Linking up to: Meet Me on the Brightside, The Grits Blog

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment