Friday 11 July 2014

Summer Essentials

No comments:
 
 We may already be in July, but there are still many weeks left of summer, so today I thought I would share with you my absolute summer essentials!

SKIN
Let's start with the obvious. I love a good summer tan as much as the next girl, but I prefer getting my glow the faux way so I don't have to deal with skin damage from burns. Peeling is never a good look. The St. Moriz Dark has been perfect for my legs, and I've already talked about the Clarins Glow Booster to death so if you're new here and want to learn more, check out my tan talk post. If you're looking for the tan look without the commitment, Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is awesome for a night out. I mix it with some lotion so it's not too plastic-y looking.

To protect my skin when I am out in the sun, I love the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen because it doesn't feel greasy and works like a charm even on my face.

HAIR
My must have for my hair in the summer is a hair oil. The Alterna Kendi Oil is in my current rotation, but as soon as it is finished I'm taking Amanda's advice and picking up the Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil. Read more about my summer hair favourites here.

MAKEUP
I recently picked up the Tarte Blush in Exposed and let me tell you, this thing is perfection. If you're lazy like me and don't want to spend time layering bronzer and blush, you need this in your life. It's a beautiful natural pinky-tan colour that makes my skin look perfectly sunkissed.

The blush will last all day on it's own, but if I'm heading out for the day or night and will be in the sun or heat, the Skindinavia Setting Sprays are great for making sure your makeup doesn't slide off by the end of your outing. They're on sale with free shipping and travel size until Sunday with the code 20FREE!

Finally, if I'm looking for a little more oomph in my look, I'll go for a brightly coloured lip stain that I'm confident will stick around for a while. My favourites are the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains (this one is Sweetheart) and the Bourjois Color Boost lip crayon in Peach on the Beach. You can see them on me here.

Last but not least, I just can't function in the summer without a perfect pair of sunglasses. I'm on the hunt for the perfect mirrored pair, but so far none have fit properly with my chubby cheeks. If you have any suggestions let me know!

What is your top summer essential?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter

 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment